Jobs Creation through Expanded Coverage
Due to the additional resources and individuals needed to care for the expanded number of insured individuals, there is estimated to be a tremendous increase in jobs. Researchers at the University of Alabama's Center for Business and Economic Research estimated that more than 30,000 jobs would be created statewide over the six-year period.
As expected, many of the jobs would be in the health care sector, 11,290. Other major industries that would benefit include:
- 6,390 jobs in retail trade
- 5,490 jobs in professional, scientific and technical services
- 1,423 jobs in administrative and other support services
- 1,247 jobs in accommodatio and food service
- 1,095 jobs in the finance and insurance industry
Click to review the earnings impact on the various industries of the additional jobs.
Read the entire report detailing the economic impact and the jobs creation.